|St. Thomas More Academy
|A NAPCIS Accredited School
|103 Prospect St.
Middletown, MD 21769
Tel: (301) 874-9014
|Principal: Irene Wunderlich
St. Thomas More Academy
St. Thomas More Academy offers a traditional Catholic education that blends a quality academic program with lessons in spirituality and virtuous living. The Academy embodies education at its finest, measuring up to the highest standards for which Catholic scholasticism is respected around the world.
The rigorous curriculum is based predominantly on teaching the classical liberal arts of grammar, logic and rhetoric in grade-appropriate stages. This approach focuses on extensive reading, good writing skills and, most importantly, critical thinking.
At every level, students are equipped with moral fortitude and respect for values to guide them in todays society. Catholic morality and values are the curriculum bedrock.
The expert faculty is astutely skilled in educating the whole child by integrating various instruction methods, a daily schedule and well-chosen books and materials.
St. Thomas More Academy has its advantages:
- a private, value-based education anchored in the Catholic tradition;
- an academic institution certified by the Maryland Department of Education;
- a nurturing environment where students are encouraged to exercise their free will and to think independently and creatively as they excel scholastically and spiritually;
- a classroom where the student-teacher ratio does not exceed 20:1, which allows for personalized interaction;
- an experienced faculty with impeccable credentials;
- a curriculum offering sound preparation for middle and high school;
- a powerful sense of true community and comaraderie among students, parents, faculty and administration.
2640 Third Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95818
TEL (916) 451-4963
copyright 1995-2013 NAPCIS